What can I do to treat dry skin due to prostate cancer medication?

hi,I am a 65 year old male, BM1 39 so overweight with treatment for prostate cancer , post operative (11 years ago) psa currently 4.2 as on Bicalutamide `50 mg, metformin hydochloride (Bolamyn SR 500 mg) and 5mg daily amlodipine for hypotension
I have quite unpleasand skin reaction on the form of quite severe itching and a psorisis type skin dryness
Any ideas..I am usiing various skin creams but no very effective
can you assist at all please
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 1 hour later

The normal PSA - Prostatic Specific Antigen levels are below 4 nano gram per deciliter.

Skin reaction occurs in many cancerous conditions.

It occurs as a part of paraneoplastic syndrome.

It is a disease or symptoms which occur due to the presence of cancer in the body but not due to the local presence of cancer cells.

It occurs due to cytokines secreted by tumor cells or due to an immune response against tumor cells.

You can use moisturisers to prevent skin dryness. Also, You can take antihistaminics for Itching.

It would be better if you can send me the pictures of the skin lesions, so that I can suggest you better.

You can send me the pics at YYYY@YYYY with subject as ATTN to Dr. Sumanth.

Also please reply to this post saying you have sent the pics.

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: What can I do to treat dry skin due to prostate cancer medication? 3 hours later
Thank you

I am sending you some photo's soon

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 4 hours later

Thanks for your response.

Waiting for your photos which would help me out still furthur. And please do confirm mailing of the photos by writing here, so as to reply you at the earliest.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.