What can I do to reduce fat stomach?

I have a fat stomach and I want to reduce it. It was normal before a year and a half. I work in corporate environment with 10-11 working hours a day which requires very little physical movement.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: dietary modifications and exercises are advised Detailed Answer: Hi Psripad Thanks for posting your query. Initially you can have a target of loosing half a Kgs in a week, which will aid in losing two Kg's in a month. Aim for not regaining the lost weight. Your diet should be high in fibre, which will help to absorb the fat and sugars from the body and aids in healthy weight loss. Have a good breakfast to start the day, as it is very important to kick the metabolism. Try to eat food in small quantity which can be spread throughout the day. Have green tea without sugar, as it helps not the fat being accumulated in the body. Lunch should be a combination of rice and roti along with salads. Have a healthy snack like boiled corn, or poha or any fruit. Your dinner should be early before 8 pm, and avoid any preparation made from rice. Wheat, jowar or broken wheat can be taken. Include a bedtime snack like one fruit which will not keep you hungry throughout the night. Along with diet modification, daily physical activity like jogging or brisk walking of 30-45 minutes is recommended for healthy weight loss. In order to reduce weight your diet should be high in fiber and low in fat. Choose complex carbohydrates like wheat, ragi, jowar which are high in fiber rather than using rice and refined flours. Take fruits as whole instead of taking it in the form of juices. Use at least two servings of vegetables daily; restrict root vegetables, as it is high in simple sugars. Choose steaming or cooking in pressure, which helps to retain the nutrients, and there is not much oil seed. Recommended oil is half liter per person per month. Avoid using saturated fats like ghee, butter, and avoid full fat salad dressings like mayo sauce. Use sprouted grams as it is a good source of fiber and include green leafy vegetables at least twice in a week. Use skimmed or low fat milk and milk products as it will reduce the fat content in the diet and choose low fat products like soymilk, which is high in protein and low in fat. Hope this helps you.