What can I do to neutralize canker sore in mouth?

I had a canker sore in my mouth .I applied full-strength grapefruit seed extract. Ihhas been burning intensely for about an hour now. What can I do to neutralize it. I have already used lotsd of water, avocado and milk - nothing works
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: lukewarm saline gargles helps Detailed Answer: Hello there; welcome to HCM; At present you have burning sensation in the mouth due to acidic nature of grapejuice. To neutralize and reduce its effect you can immediately use lukewarm salt water for mouth rinsing. rinse it for multiple times till it gives soothing effect. you can apply antiseptic analgesic oral ointment over the affected area and start with the course of multivitamin tablets twice daily for 10 days. This would help in subsiding the sore. I hope this answers your query. Take care; Dr. Farah Hussain.