What can I do to lower my chances of getting cancer?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
what can I do to lower my chances of getting woman cancer.when my mother and sister and two of my aunts died of them at young ages. I am 42 with 3 kids
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Advised annual screening.... Detailed Answer: Hi, If I were your caring doctor, would advise annual screening, including pap smear and mammography/breast ultrasound. I usually advise my patients at my clinic to get their breasts and armpits self-checked for unusual changes/discharge and swollen armpit lymph-nodes. I also encourage my patients to conduct a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen. I suggest to discuss with your primary physician to schedule annual screening. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to me. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: What can I do to lower my chances of getting cancer? 1 hour later
I do all of that but was told what they died of is hard to find I. time they all died of offering
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 10 hours later
Brief Answer: No worry if annual screening reports are normal... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Having a family history of cancer does not necessarily mean that you will have cancer. It is great that you have been on annual screening, so, you might take proper measures in time. We try to do the best within our limitations as human beings. The rest does not depend on our willing! As long as the annual screening reports are fine, there is no need to be worried too much. All the best! Dr.Bardha