What can I do to increase my sons weight?

My son is 1yr old .he was 2.75kgs whenhe was born know he is 8 KGS .he is on breastfeeding .what should be done to increase his weight
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi xxxx Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax,your baby is gaining adequate weight. Weight of baby doubles its birth weight by 5 months of age and triples by 1year. Since his birth weight was 2.75 so according to it 8kg is ok. Regarding diet give him home made diet. Give him fruit,boiled vegetables,cereals,egg,milk. Feed him small frequent meals. Add little butter or ghee to his meals. Avoid all kind of junk food like chips/candie Maggi/soft drinks etc. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow-up: What can I do to increase my sons weight? 5 hours later
Does lactogen help him gain weight
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Detailed Answer: Hi xxxx As I mentioned your baby is gaining adaquate weight. No need to give lactogen. Give him cows milk and good nutritious diet. Hope this helps. Take care..
Follow-up: What can I do to increase my sons weight? 3 minutes later
He doesn't like cows milk .he spits it milk is not enough for him .can u suggest any milk apart from lactogen
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Thanks again. I understand your concern. Cows milk is must ,we cannot replace it with any formula . You can try buffallow milk. Relax it is very common for children to be reluctant taking milk. You need to be patient with him. Try to add some flavour like elachi or little chocolate powder or any other drink so as to change its white colour. Let me know if you have any further query.