What can I do to counteract the effects of Mucinex when suffering from glaucoma?

I just took a Mucinex DM by accident. I thought I was taking Advil for my back. I am on medication for high blood pressure and have recently been diagnosed with glaucoma and have to use drops at night. Also had surgery to reduce pressure in eye. Is there anything I can do to counteract the effects of Mucinex?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Depends on dose and time elapsed Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern See Mucinex DM would unlikely interefere with your blood pressure but it might interfere with glaucoma. However the answer of question you asked that what can be done to counteract it depends on following questions: 1. At what dosages you consumed it? 2. How much time is elapsed since you consumed it. Reply with these so that I can help you further. Good Luck.
Follow-up: What can I do to counteract the effects of Mucinex when suffering from glaucoma? 38 minutes later
I had JUST taken it when I submitted my question. So 45 to 50 minutes ago. I took one pill 600 mg 30 mg dextromethorphan bi-layer tablet.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: No active intervention required. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend It's around an hour you took your tablet.Nothing actively can be done now. Since you took a single tablet I assume and hope with my experience that nothing will happen. If you get any signs of Acute Glaucoma like pain , redness , watering in eye consult your doctor immediately. You should consume lot of water for next 24 hours as it may help your body to clear the drug sooner. However just relax , I don't think you will have any problem :) If you don't have any further query, you may please close the discussion and rate it.