What can I do on a daily basis to reduce my stiffness in my back and hip?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
With all I have wrong with my back and hip what can be done for me? How much pain is "normal" for these conditions? What can I do on a daily basis to not be so stiff and in so much pain? Also now I have wht I believe is a prolapsed bladder and slight aching above pubic area. Is that something that has to be fixed or does it get continually worse?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs regular physiotherapy. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. It seems that you are having a severe osteoarthritis and ankylosing spondylosis that is causing you a constant pain. The pain threshold varies from person to person. The relief is considered when you are able to carry out your daily activities without much discomfort. To decrease the pain and stiffness, in addition to the pain medications that you must have been taking you need to have a hot fomentation twice daily of the affected areas and a regular physiotherapy to restore the range of movement around the joint. Taking regular joint lubricant supplements and calcium supplements will also help. Do consult a proficient physiotherapist for proper guidance. The pain above the pubic area also needs to be fixed after consulting a urologist. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What can I do on a daily basis to reduce my stiffness in my back and hip? 17 hours later
Hi thank you for your answer. What particular joint supplements would you advise me taking? Thank you , YYYY@YYYY
Brief Answer: chondroitin or glucosamine sulphate Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. You can get chondroitin or glucosamine sulphate prescribed from your orthopedician. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards