What can I do for upper shoulder pain caused due to pinched nerve?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have pain in my upper right side near my shoulder it tends to move around It may be a pinched nerve. I think. Have it for a couple of weeks. What can i do for it
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get examined by an orthopaedician. Detailed Answer: Hi, It could be due to tendinitis or bursitis of shoulder or due to pinched nerve at neck. Give rest to your shoulder.Avoid overhead activities. You can take anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. Consult an orthopaedician for proper examination and appropriate diagnosis. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concerns.