What can I do for mild pain in stomach after an abdominal hysterectomy?
User rating for this question
Nearly after six weeks of major open surgery (abdominal hysterectomy),I lifted approximately 2 kilos of batter for few seconds.After that i felt mild pain in stomach and back.Will it harm?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get aultrasound and x ray of the spine. Detailed Answer: Hi, The sudden onset of pain can herald the onset of a hernia if the pain arises from the scarred area. If the pain is not from the scarred area then you need not worry at all. Another test to see for a hernia is too stand in front of the mirror and cough. Observe whether there is a ballooning or development of a swelling in the region of the scar. Backache has nothing to do with scar. It is a totally unrelated pathology linked to the spine. To be on the safer side I would suggest that you get a ultrasound of the abdomen done.For the backache get a x ray of the relevant portion of the spine done to look for degenerative changes. I hope this answers your doubt. Regards.
People also viewed
- Stomach pains after hysterectomy
- Inflammation in stomach and duodenum
- Abdominal pain after hysterectomy
- Intermittent pains in right side during period
- Lower left stomach hurts during taking shit
- Inguinal itching during pregnancy
- Heparin subcutaneous dosage
- Neomycin sulfate ointment
- Acoustic neuroma prognosis
- Oxytocin for women
- What is the cause of stomach pain after a hysterectomy
- Hycodan syrup strength
- Pain felt in fat during period
- What is the reason for abdominal pain after hysterectomy
- Lower abdominal pain after hysterectomy