Ask a Homeopath   »  

What books and yoga pad do you recommend for a yoga beginner?

ENT Specialist
I'm interested in taking yoga. I'm currently deployed in Iraq. Are there any books that you would recommend for a novice?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Yoga
Follow-up: What books and yoga pad do you recommend for a yoga beginner? 1 minute later
What type of yoga pad would you recommend for a novice?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

The word yoga refers to one of the six orthodox schools of hindu philosophy. Yoga is based on the Yoga Sutras of XXXXXXX Pathanjali yoga is supposed to be the supreme yoga of all the other types of yoga.

Even though, there are various books on yoga available over the net, the best of them is “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: The Book of the Spiritual Man” which is available in four volumes.

This is one of the bestselling books about Pathanjali yoga. This book explains about yoga in a very descriptive manner, so that even a novice can learn the techniques and practice it with ease.

There are various types of yoga pads available. Pads/mats made of cotton or PVC or dura foam can be used.

An ideal yoga pad is a one which provides a good grip while performing stretching exercises. I would suggest you to buy a dura foam mat which is not only soft, but also provide a good grip.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more doubts you are welcome.

Dr. Naveen Kumar.