Ask a Urologist   »  

What are treatment available to treat phimosis apart from circumcision?

Hello Sir/Madam, I seek your inputs to treat phimosis. What are the various treatment options aaprt from circumcision. I had this condition since an early age. I was about 8-10 and was treated for it and things were alright for a while. I stopped pulling the skin back at some point and now i am unable to pull it back. Please assist.Thanks,
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 33 minutes later
Dear sir,

The treatment options other than circumcision are forcible retraction, preputioplasty and dorsal slit.

The urologist shall assess you and see whether he can forcibly retract the skin back or not.

Preputioplasty is the widening of the ring and thus allowing the skin to go back and forth; it is an operative procedure.

Dorsal slit is another operative procedure. A cut is made on the dorsum of the foreskin so that the foreskin becomes look like an open book and is easily retractable.

Rajiv Goel