What are these small red circles on my body?

i have a small red circle on my arm, that is dry. it has been there fore a couple days but has not showed up anywhere else or gotten bigger
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and I will try to provide you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

What you describe is more than likely a mild fungal infection. These typically present as reddish areas with some dryness associated with them. The best remedy for this is a topical cream with an active ingredient called clottimazole. This should be readily available at any local pharmacy. I recommend you try using this cream twice daily for 7 days and monitor for a response. You should see a response within a day or so.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga