Ask a Urologist   »  

What are these painful cracks on the foreskin of my penis?

Hello doctor :
some craks found in foreskin of penis, and it is paining while pull back, i am facing this from last 4 days,
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 18 minutes later

Do not retract your penis while urinating.

If you need to retract also, do it to a very low extent.

In this manner you give rest to the foreskin and prevents from further cracking or allows the lesions to be healed in case of active lesions.

You can take anti-inflammatory medicines, they relieve pain and decrease inflammation.

Also wear soft trousers which are loose enough.

If you do not find relief with the above measures, you can consult a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: What are these painful cracks on the foreskin of my penis? 3 days later
Hello dr,

Thank you for your response.

what is anti-inflammatory medicines?

Can you please recommend any particular medicine or ointment as that is available in chennai tamilnadu?

thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 29 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

I meant regular pain killers. In our medical terminology we use that name.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs with physical examination. So, Please see a General physician or a Dermatologist for prescription of medications after complete examination.

Hope I answered your query.