What are these non itchy patch of bumps that appear on my thighs ?

Hi, Doctor I am a 20 year old male, and for the last two months i have had a patch of bumps that closely resemble pimples on the inside of my one of my upper thighs. since it appeared two months ago it has not got worse or better, it has stayed the same. the bumps do not itch and they are not painful, just unsightly. also there is one similar bump, which is slightly larger that appeared three months ago, at the spot where my penis meets the scrotum, and ideas on what it could be?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 47 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Regarding the areas of your skin which have shown at the abnormalities which you described in your query I will try to give you a better understanding of what this could be.

Regarding the area where the skin changes have been noted the first thing that comes to mind is the possibility of genital warts. Genital warts are caused by a virus which can be transmitted via intimate contact. Genital warts are typically small round areas of inflammation which are somewhat rough in texture.

The other consideration also that comes to mind would be the possibility of simple folliculitis. This seems a little bit less likely given the fact that folliculitis generally will come and go in a period of one or two weeks.

It would be a good idea if you could possibly send a picture of one of the areas which you have described in your query. This would give me a chance to evaluate the appearance and make a more credible determination of the possible cause.

I would appreciate it if you have the opportunity to e-mail a picture or two of this area to my attention at YYYY@YYYY .

Once again I thank you for your query. I hope my response has been both adequate and informative. I am certainly available for any follow-up questions as well.

Dr. Robert.