What are the ways to gain weight?

Hello,over the time I been trying to gain weight the right way,by eating,sleeping and working out right,I also drink protein,but it seems that everything I do is just waste of money and time,when I was 19 I manage to put on 20 pounds,I'm 6'0 used to weight 145 now I'm 24 and weight 165 and XXXXXXX been able to gain more for some reason I force myself to eat but either I don't get hungry after that or I throw up,I went to the doctors,normally I get check every 6 months but doctors always tell me I'm fine and that I look good that I don't need to gain weight,ok I get it that's what they think,but in reality is about me and how I feel and what I wanna accomplish so please help me,is there any pill I could take,or medicine? What should I do??
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: First,find out the causes to non-gaining weight... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. To understand that you have a normal weight according to your height, you should look at the weight-height chart: So, for your height 6'0, the weight 165 falls within the ideal range. That's why your doctors has assured that there is nothing you should be worried about. Next, you are at the age of 24, with highest metabolism rate, which also explains why you are not gaining the weight you aim to. By passing of time, after 30s, as the rate of metabolism will be reduced, you will gain more weight. Next, being physically active is also another factor contributing to burning all the calories you get all the day. I also suggest to check for your thyroid function as might interfere with gaining weight. The main aim is to find out what is causing you not to gain weight, then, should think over how to gain weight (by fighting those causes or changing diet and lifestyle strategies). When it comes to gaining weight, I advise my patients to have regular meals (5 times/day) and increased calories for each meal. Once again, your weight is ideally accepted for your age, and to my opinion, you should not worry about gaining more weight, but to keep healthy and fit. Hope it was of help! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What are the ways to gain weight? 15 minutes later
Oxandrolone!...can you giys tell me about it?? Can i use it to gain weight??? What should i be aware of??
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oxandrolone comes with severe liver/spleen damages Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Oxandrolone is prescribed only in special cases, when one should gain weight lost after a severe surgery or after long-time infections. This product will cause severe liver/spleen damage. It is not worthy to take such risk while you do not need to use it. I do not recommend to use such product as long as you are healthy. I do encourage to keep as healthy as you are now! Dr.Albana
Follow-up: What are the ways to gain weight? 5 minutes later
Ok thanks,so is there any multivatimin that could help me to gain weight or to slow down my metabolism and increase my hunger?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: OTC A-to-Z multivitamin supplementation... Detailed Answer: Hi, I usually prescribe otc multivitamin-mineral supplementation to my patients to increase appetite (A to Z multivitamin). You can try taking 1 pill everyday for at least 6 months to 1 year. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana