What are the upcoming complications with cysts in both ovaries and irregular periods?

hi, doc i am 21 years old and i was having irregular periods from last 4 years .. but from last 6 months i am using krimson 35.and moreover i am having cysts in my both of the ovaries. i wants to know that after getting married will there be any complications in getting pregnant. and for how long should i use Krimson 35
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can have a baby once stop Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX The irregular periods you are experiencing could be related to cysts you have in your both ovaries. Krimson 35 contains a combination of cyproterone acetate and ethinyloestradiol IP. Cyproterone inhibits the role of androgens (male hormones), decreases the function of sebaceous glands and giving rise to progestational action. Meanwhile, the ethinyloestrdiol acts by inhibiting ovulation, changing the cervical mucus and the endomerium; thus, it will be difficult for the sperm to penetrate and/or for the fertilized ovum to be nidated. After getting married, once your cycle is back to normal and won't have any problem with cysts, you can get pregnant. Once you start thinking to have a baby, you should talk to your OG specialist to stop taking it at least 2 months before thinking to have a baby. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to get pregnant. At the end, I advise to talk to your doctor once you start thinking to be pregnant in order to get help and improve your hormonal balance. All the best! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!