What are the upcoming complications with Paget's disease?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been told by a physician that I have Padgett's (sp?) disease in my forehead. That's been about 5 years ago ... what should I expect in the future?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No treatment needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The Paget's disease of forehead can cause a lump formation on the forehead. The skull can become enlarged and you may develop a prominent, wide forehead. Usually there are no symptoms and the bone becomes weakened with time. If there is no pain then no treatment is needed. If there is a gross malformation pain or fracture in the area then medical treatment with bisphosphonates may be needed. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL