What are the underlying causes for swelling on penis after having unprotected sex?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
hello, iam an 21 year old male, I've been having this problem, the friday before thanksgiving I had unprotected sex with a friend. on the tuesday night after that I noticed it felt weird when I went to the bathroom but I didnt pay it any mind, but on Wednesday morning it burned really bad when I went to the bathroom. I finally went to the hospital on friday morning they told me I have testicular masses and that was starting a uti. so they gave me sulfameth/trimethoprim and phenazopyridine, it only got worse and the right side of my bladder area and my penis started swelling so I went back the next morning and then they told mr I have folliclitis and gave me cephalexin. the swelling went down and the burning urination was fading. so a couple hours ago I had sex and bout 20 mins after my penis started swelling again but not as bad. I got in the shower and the swelling went down. I have a small red bump on the on the head right before the shaft it doesn't bother me, I wouldn't know it was there if I didn't look. I am very very scared I read online and seen pictures that it could be balanitis I have a appointment at the clinic to go get tested on the 10th. I am terrified. !!!!
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible Detailed Answer: Hi, When there is swelling of penis, you are not supposed to indulge in traumatic activities to penis like sex. Hence Please stay away from intercourse and wear loose undergarments and cloths for next 15 days. The redbump you are seeing must be due the trauma during sex. As of now i advice you to continue the medication you are on and give rest to your penis and wear loose cloths. Let me know if you have more doubts. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol