What are the underlying causes for swelling around breast area?
User rating for this question
My daughter who is 9 yrs has developed a lump/swelling around her breast in recent past. She complains that her nipple and its surrounding area pains when touched. Is this a growth symptom or something to be worried ? It is now more than 3 weeks she is complaining abt this pain. Pls advice.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be because of the normal growth. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to health care magic. I can understand your concern. Such lump and pain occurs during this age and could be because of the normal physiological changes that happen during this age. To be doubly reassured get your child examined by a doctor to rule out any local infection etc. which can also be responsible for such problems. If other causes are ruled out by a physical examination then nothing significant needs to be done. Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for swelling around breast area? 31 minutes later
Pls suggest whom to consult ? A physician, a gynecologist or a pediatrician.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Pediatrician Detailed Answer: Hi, You can consult any of them but a gynecologist or a Pediatrician will be a better choice. Take care.
People also viewed
- Leg muscle pain and broken capillaries
- Toddler bleeding mouth while sleeping
- What causes swelling and soreness in breast
- 2 year old vomiting nose bleeds no fever
- Mild dyskaryosis causes bloated tummy
- Left upper gum is swollen and a smell in my nose on the left side
- What causes pain under breast
- Toddler bleeds when cough
- Left wrist pain and heart burn
- What is causing swelling and bleeding below the breast
- What causes breast to swell
- What causes swelling under my left breast
- Poked my toddlers ear drum with qtip and it's bleeding
- Leg cast and treatment
- Leg cramps during play basketball