What are the underlying causes for sudden increase in HbA1C count while following a strict diet?

I am a diabetic for the last 8 years and I have been following strict diet and exercise regime. I do brisk walk for 30 minutes and do stretches and yoga for 45 minutes on a daily basis. I take Gluformin G2 1 tablet one in the morning and one in the evening, Telma 20 one in the morning and Tonact 10 one in the evening. My height is 167 cm and weight is 73 kgs. My HbA1c count has been always around 7. However my recent HbA1C count has suddenly gone up to 8.3 an FBS to 210. I would like to what would be the main reason for the sudden jump in my HbA1c count.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Long treatment and overweight. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Looking into your medical history I would think of three possibilities for increase in your HbA1c and blood sugar levels. Firstly the pancreas ability to secret insulin reduces due to long standing diabetes. This causes blood sugar to increase and reduces the effect of oral hypoglycemic drugs. In this condition I would advice my patient to increase the dose of Oral Hypoglycemic Agents (OHA's) or start on insulin therapy to control blood sugar. Secondly you're little overweight for your height. This causes increase in insulin resistance in the body. So it reduces the efficacy of the OHA's and increases the blood sugar. I would advice the patient to lose some weight and increase the dose of OHA's to control the blood sugar. Thirdly sudden stress in life like fever, infection and emotional problems causes hyperglycemia. Here the cause has to be treated to control the blood sugar. Consult with your doctor and may may help you with his advise to control your blood sugar. Best of luck. Hope the answer helps you. Let he know if there is any clarification. Regards.