What are the underlying causes for shooting pain in stomach?

I have had ultra sound on my stomach and a barium test that we're negative, but I continue to have pain in the stomach, sometimes shooting. What are some of the possibilities that continue to cause this pain?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. Abdominal pain can be due to several causes. Gastritis, reflux, and gastric emptying can produce abdominal pain. Intestinal cramping due to gas or colitis/enteritis can also cause discomfort. The gall bladder can also be suspect in cases of abdominal pain. Unfortunately, only more investigation with a physical examination and possibly more imaging studies can help find the cause of your pain. I encourage you to pursue this further with your doctor and get to the bottom of this. Again, thank you for submitting hour question and I hope this provided some help. Take care, Dr G