What are the underlying causes for having pain in right leg?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
Hi my name is Ascencion, and I been having this pain in my right leg, it's by my knee for more then 4 months and it only hurts when I go up stairs or twist it. But it don't hurt when I walk or jump or stand on one leg. And don't hurt when at rest. I took a x-ray and my doctor didn't find anything other then some bone thickness, but he thinks in from an old injury but I can't think of one. So any idea what it could be? Hope to hear from someone soon thanks.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it can be some ligament injury because it is hurting in some particular movement only that is when the ligament is strained . I will advise you to get an MRI of your knee done after due consultation with your doctor as soft tissue injuries will not be visible on plain x Ray . Only after that anything can be said . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for having pain in right leg? 21 minutes later
I can't get an mri because I'm out of the country, but should I worry about something like bone cancer? I think it might be some ligaments strain because now that I remember,back in late September I first notice it because I did some leg press at a gym and then about a day or so later it started to hurt.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Well nothing like bone cancer as the history you have given otherwise it would have shown in the X Ray even . Just get MRI done whenever you get back . Take care. Dr. Shruti