What are the underlying causes for grape size lump in my lower stomach?

i found a small lump in my lower stomache area -i guess it would be in front of my hip is about the size of a large grape and i found it yesterday ,now today ,the lump is still there but i am having a bit of discomfort -kind of like when you were a kid and went for a jog and you got that pain in your side and you were told it was growing pains. its not alot of pain ,more a discomfort and my back is just killing me ,my lower back ,the whole lower part but more on the right hand side
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Most likely a hernia... Detailed Answer: Greetings Hope you are doing better now. The lump in the front can be a hernia. It is protrusion from the inner side to the exterior. The location that you are describing is more likely fits into inguinal hernia. I would like to know the following information: - Are there any color changes? - Is it paining in that region? - When you press it does it get reduced? Awaiting your response... Regards Dr. Gaurav