What are the underlying causes for getting frequent cramps in my hands and feet?

Hi there - I've been getting frequent feet / toe cramps (where my toes literally buckle up) and I also have hand cramps in my thumbs/ inner palm. What's going on?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. Although you are low on VIT B12 and VIT D,there can be various other reasons for your feet and toe cramps and they need to be investigated too. Low pottasium,low calcium and low magnesium can also result in cramps. Get also tested for hypothyroidism and diabetes. A proper mineral and vitamin supplementation would result in alleviation of your symptoms. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks