What are the underlying causes for brown discharge from vagina?
User rating for this question
i have noticed slight brown stringy blood from vaginal wipe during toileting today. first since 8 yrs ago. i am 50. i am 103 kilos and 5,4 ....i am taking kiliovance for hrt. what is the immediacy and nature of my medical condition? I am working tomorrow and am away until thursday. what should i look for?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Here is an answer for you... Detailed Answer: Based on the time period since your last cycle, this should be treated as an episode of post-menopausal bleeding. It requires a thorough evaluation to rule out pre-cancerous changes of the uterus: 1. An exam with an OB/GYN 2. An endometrial / uterine biopsy should be obtained 3. An ultrasound of the uterus should be ordered This is very important to sort out, especially if you are planning to continue hormone replacement therapy safely. Finally, I think that the most efficient way to sort all of this out is a with a consult with an OB/GYN. If they are willing to do this without seeing you, then great. And yes, this can wait for a week or so, but try to get it sorted out within a month. Good luck. I hope that this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- Wysolone medicine for lungs
- What are the underlying causes for brown discharge from vagina
- Yellow vaginal discharge with bowel movement
- What could cause irregular brown discharge from vagina
- White tongue with red spots with fever and chills
- Withholding faeces in children
- Cystic hypoechoic lesion of uterus
- Cyst smell onion
- Day surgery for thickening of cervix
- Skin knot after injury
- Cyst on clitoral gland
- What causes brown discharge from vagina in 6 weeks pregnant
- What causes odorous discharge from the vagina
- Does biotin cause brown discharge from the vagina
- Does taking 6 avil tablets 50mg at a