What are the treatments for kidney cancer?

Question
You should have my history from previous questions I have asked however over 2 years ago I had my left kidney removed and a prot
hesis in my right arm between my elbow and shoulder. The diagnosis was primary Renal Cell Carcinoma with bony metastatis. I was on Sutent 50mg for 17 months until the side effects became too bad. I had an 8 month break from Sutent however a month ago I started having an ache in my left wrist and an xray showed a 2cm tumour in my distal radius which was immediately removed and the biopsy showed RCC. I am now back on Sutent and it was decided radiation was not necessary. I had a ct scan of my chest and abdomen and a full bone scan which showed I am completely clear. My question is should I remain on Sutent or try a different drug and what is the likelyhood of further tumours.
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. You should continue with sutent

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Since the scan shows no evidence of disease, you must continue with sutent only, as far as you are tolerating it ,as it will add to survival. There is no need to jump to another drug as sutent is working and because our options are limited in a metastatic kidney tumor.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further

Follow-up: What are the treatments for kidney cancer? 2 hours later
My understanding is Sutent generally only works up to a period of 2 years and my Oncologist has stated it may not be as effective this time. What exactly are the other options and how effective would they likely be in my circumstances.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Sutent can work for prolong periods

Detailed Answer:
Hello. In my opinion, sutent works for long period and it is evident from your reports.
Other options are pazopanib, nivolumab, axitinib.
Thanks and regards