What are the treatment options for moderate chondrmalacia of the hip?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Treatment options include- Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. In chondrmalacia of the hip, softening of articular cartilage of the hip occurs same way as in the patello-femoral joint. Treatment options include- Trial of conservative management, including relative rest, anti-inflammatory medications, and pain medications as necessary, combined with physiotherapy Surgical treatment included debridement of laberal tears and chondral debridement. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care