What are the treatment available for tietze syndrome?

Homeopath
Question
Hi my wife is having Tietze syndrome, i want to know the treatment options. Is it going to be cured or she has to rest whole life and bare the pain?this there from last 4 months.pls advise the options for complete cure.
pain starts in the middle of the chest and pass it to color bone, neck, shoulder. though using ibrufin, codean not at all helping her.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 4 hours later
Hello
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Before prescribing any medicine I have some questions, please answer in detail.

1 Any history of allergy in the family?
2 any previous medication ?
3 How long you are taking medicine for treatment of this disease ?
4 Are you taking any steroid medicine ? It is better if can send me the detail of earlier medicine?
5 any investigation report? sputum test. blood test or others ? Send the scan copy of the same or findings of the reports
6 any use of cold thing or exposure of cold for a long time?
7 you are taking any calcium supplement these days?

Please answer it will help to make conclusions better.

Thanks

Follow-up: What are the treatment available for tietze syndrome? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,

1 Any history of allergy in the family?
ANS: No
2 any previous medication ?
ANS: cronic cough for 6-8 months during pregnancy - Medication used : cough cyrups and inhaler. This was stopped 6 months back.
Tietze syndrome- Paracetamol, codean, ibrufin

She had these pains from last 4 months but disease was diagnosed and confirmed 1 week back. before this week NHS (UK) doctors thought it was refulx, muscle pain etc. i have changed doctor and then they did blood tests to confirm this.
ANS:steriods not precribed yet. only using Paracetamol, codean, ibrufin.
ANS: NHS don't give blood reports to the ppl.
ANS: we are in uk(london), pain was little better nowadays after a shortwalk outside, but not much of use.
ANS: started multivitamins from last several months which includes calcuim

Pls advice on following things:
1. NHS doctors indicated that there is no cure for this and it has to heal on it's own using normal medicines and pain has to be managed with rest.
2. do we have a perminant cure using homeopathy? if yes what would be the worst case period that we had to use the medicines for?
3. Will there be any use if we change the location of living. currently in UK, i can live in india or anywhere in europe.
4. is there any country which has got better medication for cure?

please advice

Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 1 hour later

Thanks for providing the details.

The treatment of Tietze syndrome is fairly a long one. In general practice, patients with tietze syndrome are given palliative care to relieve pain and discomfort first. The treatment can be modified as per the progress.

She can start with following medicine
1. Rhus Tox 30 6 pills 3 times in a day Tongue dose (Made in Germany)
2. Belladona 200 6 pills 2 times in a day Tongue dose(Made in Germany)
3. Calcarea Phos 3x ,4 pills 2 times in a day (Made in Germany)
4. Eupitorium perf Q 5 drops with half cup of water 2 times in a day (Made in Germany)
5. In addition, avoid heavy work and exposure to cold; any allergens and take complete rest.

I understand you wrote to me about cure; but at this point of time, I can't say comment regarding the cure. But you can stay rest assured that the aforementioned treatment will relieve pain to an extent of leading quality life. There is no need to change the location now; start taking the medicine and write the progress to me. It will take some time so have patience .

And regarding the medicine Reckweg (Made in Germany) is preferable if you can find this brand .

Medicine would change with time and progress so stay in touch and keep me informed.

I hope I have clarified your doubts. If you have any query feel free to ask

Hi
Thanks Doctor. Medicines you prescribed are basically pain relief, or it also cure the inflammation? If its pain relief what is different to NASID drugs?

Pls advice one thing, is bone / joint inflammation uncurable ? If curable what are the phases?

What are other causes for getting a chest pain with soreness which passes to shoulder neck and back? Why iam concerned is, in last4 months Nhs has tried out 3 diseases without any clinical scans or X-rays. First one they did was blood test. What are the tests that we have to request for as second opinion?
I am not confident that this case was also diagnosed correctly.

Also I am living in cold country. If I move to India which is relatively hot will that not help?

Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 2 hours later

Below are my answers:

1. Belladona and rhus tox is for cough and inflammation and calcarea phos is a calcium supplement.

2. Joint pain are curable; but its a steady process - so people jump treatment.

3. NSAID is an allopathy class of drugs. The medicines which I prescribed are entirely different and are not related to steroid or non steroidal medicine (NSAID). It is natural and safe for the body.

4. There are many cause of chest pain such as arthritis, cough/lung pathology, inflamation, fracture,and rarely sometimes cancers too. The causes can be isolated by relevant investigations like blood test, X-ray, Urine analysis, MRI and CAT scan gradually.

5. Changing location is not the solution. You need to take some precaution that would help you.
Go for some more test (if not done yet) to confirm the diagnosis. Meanwhile you can continue the medicine - it's safe.

Hope I answered your query. You are free to ask any more queries.

Thanks

Follow-up: What are the treatment available for tietze syndrome? 48 minutes later
Hi doctor thank you.
There is no cough today, it was there for 6 months and not recurring from November 2012.

Now problem is only pains in chest, passing it to neck, shoulde and back .
Can you pls confirm the medicines again and how many days we have to use it.
Also, is gum disease also one of the symptom of Tietze? if yes, does it mean inflammation has gone high and infection is spread?

Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 18 hours later

I advice you to stick with the earlier prescribed medicine. Though now cough is now resolved, the chest pain may have been triggered by it. Therefore I would wish to prevent the recurrence of cough. It will help you to stop further infection and resolve your pain.
The scheduled medicine will be changed according to the progress. And hence you need to be followed up. Keep this in mind - only this much of medicine will not cure completely; as homeopathy treat the cause and not the symptom.

There is no direct relation with gum disease. Radiation of pain may be extend to jaws.

After taking 20 days write back to me. We can be able to decide the next course of treatment

Hope I have solved your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Thanks