What are the treatment available for multiple sclerosis?

Hello, I would like to be lead to alternative treatments for M.S. other than a needle (the shot).

Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Multiple Sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

As you must have been informed by your doctors and your own research must have shown you that Multiple Sclerosis is believed to be an auto-immune disease with varied manifestations and varied course of the illness. You seem to be doing very well over the past 10 years with all the supplements that you have been taking.

The main stay in the treatment is to prevent the progression of the disease by giving corticosteroids or plasmapheresis or immunomodulators, which require injections which you want to avoid.

Alternative medicines have been tried by patients. However there is shortage of supporting, comparable, replicated scientific study and hence anything particular cannot be recommended. You can continue with your natural supplements.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any further clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal