What are the treatment available for anxiety disorder?

mental health I don't have mental health insurance but, I need to see a doctor about my anxiety problems which I've developed heavily in the past year. could I go to my family physician and express my issues and get him to write me a prescription for 2 mg Xanax? I know you shouldn't take other people's prescriptions but I did in a very crowded atmosphere and it calm me down to where I was comfortable yet coherent. please help as possible!!!!
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 37 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Anxiety disorders have various types and treatment depends upon many factors that require a comprehensive assessment by a specialist, for a proper treatment

Tab Xanax , yes, will help you in relieving anxiety in short-term but may harm you and actually might worsen anxiety in long run. Your general physician should be able to write a prescription for this.

I would suggest that you see a specialist as soon as possible and till that time you could take Xanax as and when required

Anxiety disorders are quite treatable and there is no need to be panic

Wish you good luck