What are the transmission methods of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia?

Would I be correct in assuming that the bacteria that cause gonnorhea and chlamydia that might have been on a computer mouse from a previous user 2 hours prior to my using of it be long dead after 1 and 1/2 hours. (I have already paid for this question through Paypal)
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 49 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Chlamydia and gonorrhea are sexually transmitting diseases. It is highly unlikely to get them by touching a computer mouse. You can be sure of not having the disease .

Chlamydia is an obligate interacellular organism which means that it has to be within human being to survive and transmit the disease

Gonorrhea too needs a medium called agar in order to survive and multiply so mouse of the computer wouldn't have been able to keep the two organisms alive

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries

I wish you good health

Follow-up: What are the transmission methods of Gonorrhea and Chlamydia? 1 hour later
You really have answered my question but because I am so obsessive concerning
stds would you agree that for gonorrhea and chlamydia my assumption that after the time frame of 1 and a half hours these particular bacteria would no longer be able to transmit these diseases. The mouse was dry and in no way even felt damp or moist.
You see 4 years ago I was a part time care giver to a very close friend's son in law who passed from aids. It was a very sad and difficult thing to see.Since that time I guess I became "sensitized' to STDS and its been a tough battle. I'm married in a totally monogamous marriage to my dear wife for 40 yrs. so this has absolutely
nothing to do with illicit sex. When the obsessive thoughts take hold I'm looking for someone as yourself to tell me that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
Even though I am seeking psych. help your assuance will give me tremendous peace of mind.Thank you for being so patient. God is good. Thank you doctor.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later

Thanks for replying

I would like to again stress on the fact that it is not possible to get infected with chlamydia or gonorrhea by touching a mouse of a computer. I have also mentioned in my previous reply the medium required for replication of the organism.

I am happy you are seeking intervention for the same. Please continue meeting your psychiatrist for follow ups

I hope your query was answered, if there are no further queries please accept my answer. You can also write me a review if you have liked my answer

I wish you good health