Ask a Urologist   »  

What are the tests to be taken experiencing itching during urination?

Jul 2016

having itching in while urinatin for last 2-3 days -today morning while urinating blood is coming out -also a shivering sensation -3 times i have gone 3 times blood is there -in a cup it is taken and its colour is pink -home physician given below medicine -cepodemXP 325 -URISPAS -ALKASOL Need your suggeston?wht needs to be done now?wht medicine need to be taken?wht test need to be done?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is due to acute UTI . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have burning urination with hematuria since 3 days . This is most likely to be due to Acute UTI which could be secondary to Benign Enlargement of Prostate which is common at this age, I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Do you have other urinary symptoms like increase frequency of urination ,Urgency.or nocturnal frequency.? 2) Are you diabetic? 3) How is your urine stream whether normal or weak? Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and Digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done under his guidance to come to final diagnosis. 1) Routine urine and Urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. 2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out enlarged prostate. 3) Serum PSA to rule out cancer of the prostate. 4) Haemogram with coagulation profile In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily. Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute . Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.