What are the tests to be done for Herpes diagnosis?

I Have herpies. I got them from my x. I have been to the Dr. and they have told me they can do nothing for me. is there a test that can be done so that I know for sure this is what I have. as am only going by what she has told me.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: IgG and IgM antibodies against HSV 1 and HSV 2. Detailed Answer: Hello dear, I have read your query and understood your concern. There is definitely a test by which you can come to know that whether you have herpes or not. It includes immunoglobulin assays against the hepes simlex virus , the causative agent of herpes. It is a blood test. It is available as IgG and IgM antibodies against HSV 1 and HSV 2. IgG will tell you about past infection and IgM will tell you about the present infection. However, herpes is a clinical diagnosis based on the appearance of skin lesions. Diagnosis is established irrespective the above said blood test. I hope I am able to solve your query. If you have any further query you may ask me. Good luck.