What are the tests other than barium test can be used to effectively exam colon?
User rating for this question
I have a redundant colon. I am 66 and had a colonoscopy 10 years ago. The procedure resulted in the doctor being unable to reach the end of my colon. I then received a barium enema. No problems were found but it was almost impossible for me to eliminate the barium. I did not mind the colonoscopy, but am unwilling to participate in the barium test because of problems with eliminating the barium. What alternative tests can be used to effectively exam my colon?
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Why Do You Want Another COlonoscopy ? Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in My primary question is why do you want to go for another colonoscopy if no problems were found on barium earlier ? Yet if you want you can go for a CT or a virtual colonoscopy Hope this helps Do write back in case of concern....
People also viewed
- Does oatmeal have yeast
- Tests to detect colon cancer
- Sit down elliptical machines
- Papaya enzyme tablets benefits
- Colon test result divers
- Prevpac for h pylori
- Rectal suppositories for pain
- What effects of meth in colon
- Softening stool in rectum
- Stool stuck in rectum
- Wheat berry nutrition information
- Does grapefruit juice help lose weight
- Esr test on colon cancer
- Vermox mebendazole 100 mg tablets
- What does colonized mean in an esbl pylonefritis test