What are the symptoms,complications and treatment for GERD,Hypothyroidism, Arthritis,Skin CA and Bone Marrow disorder?

Question
Hi Again, I have a 96 years old patient, male, admitted due to general weakness. The diagnosis is CHF. What I need are the pathopysiology, sign and symptoms, complications and treatment of the following diseases. It should be written in layman's term. 1. General weakness 2. CHF - Addition: Could you discuss with me clearly why there is peripheral edema and pulmonary edema in CHF? Past medical history 1. Anemia 2.GERD (this stands for what?) 3. Hypothyroidism 4. Arthritis 5. Skin CA 6. Bone Marrow disorder I will attached the example so you can have a guide. Another thing is the medication. I will attached the example. Again, it should be in Layman's term that patient can understand when you explain it to them. 1. allopurinol (Zyloprim) 100 mg= 1 tab p. o. 2. Calcium elemental tab (Oscal) 500 mg = 1 tab 3. citalopram tab (celexa) 10 mg = 1 tab p. o. daily 4. dabigatran (Pradaxa) cap 110 mg = 1 cap oral Q12H 5. folic acid 5 mg= 1 tab oral daily 6. vitamin D (cholecalciferol) tab 2000 unit = 2 tab oral daily 7. anethole-menthol lozenge (Bentasil) 1 to 2 loz oral four times a day PRN. lozenge to be sucked slowly' 8. gabapentin cap (Neurontin) 100 mg / cap p. o. 9. levothyroxine 9Synthroid) 88 mcg/tab p. o. daily 10. potassium chloride tab SR (KDur) 1500 mg / tab twice a day for 3 days 11. vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg=2 tab oral daily 12. vitamin D (cholecalciferol) tab 2000 unit = 2 tab oral daily General weakness, CHF and the past medical history should have a pathophysiology and .................Total of 8 diseases
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer: CHF explained Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. It seems like a query of academic interest. I would try to help you to the best of my knowledge, and answer all your queries. Pathophysiology of CHF is important. I shall explain it in layman's term. Hope you would be able to understand. The basic pathology in CHF is that the heart is unable to pump blood at the optimal rate. There is a decrease in its power to contract. It does not beat as normally as it should be. It does not supply adequate oxygen and blood to body tissues. 1. General weakness - Why is there general weakness? This is because all the body tissues are receiving less blood and less oxygen because of failing heart. Hence the general weakness - common symptom of CHF. 2. CHF - Addition: Could you discuss with me clearly why there is peripheral edema and pulmonary edema in CHF? Peripheral oedema - this is because the venous or impure blood is not pumped back to the heart effectively. The blood remains in the legs. Also, there is inadequate lymphatic or body fluids drainage as well leading to accumulation of fluids in the periphery and hence the swelling or edema. 2.GERD (this stands for what?) - GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease. A condition of the stomach with heartburn and indigestion and bloating. 1. allopurinol (Zyloprim) 100 mg= 1 tab p. o. This is used in hypermetabolic state to decrease serum uric acid level like in Gout, leukemia, etc. These are biochemical terms, difficult to explain in layman's term. 2. Calcium elemental tab (Oscal) 500 mg = 1 tab - This is calcium used routinely to prevent osteoporosis. 3. citalopram tab (celexa) 10 mg = 1 tab p. o. daily - It is an anti-depression medicine used to treat depression. 4. dabigatran (Pradaxa) cap 110 mg = 1 cap oral Q12H - A blood thinning medicine used in non-valvular Atrial fibrillation. It is used to prevent clot formation. 5. folic acid 5 mg= 1 tab oral daily - A vitamin that is important for metabolism, given routinely. 6. vitamin D (cholecalciferol) tab 2000 unit = 2 tab oral daily - To prevent osteoporosis. 7. anethole-menthol lozenge (Bentasil) 1 to 2 loz oral four times a day PRN. lozenge to be sucked slowly' - A topical anesthetic used for sore throat, painful mouth ulcers. 8. gabapentin cap (Neurontin) 100 mg / cap p. o. - it is to strengthen the nerves. 9. levothyroxine 9Synthroid) 88 mcg/tab p. o. daily - To treat low functioning thyroid. 10. potassium chloride tab SR (KDur) 1500 mg / tab twice a day for 3 days - used in low potassium states. 11. vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg=2 tab oral daily - used for nerve strengthening and low B12 levels. 12. vitamin D (cholecalciferol) tab 2000 unit = 2 tab oral daily - you have repeated this medicine twice. This is general view of what you are expecting. Please let me know your specific queries, would be glad to discuss further. Regards,

Follow-up: What are the symptoms,complications and treatment for GERD,Hypothyroidism, Arthritis,Skin CA and Bone Marrow disorder? 12 minutes later
Hi, Dr. XXXXXXX Chail of health care magic answered the query that I have yesterday. And this is what exactly is . I needed the pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, complications and treatment of the diagnosis and past medical history of the patient. It should be in layman's terms and short in answer. This is the case of my assigned patient. 1. General weakness 2. Skin Cancer 3. Bone Marrow disorder 4. Arthritis 5. GERD Thanks

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Hello, General weakness is a symptom by itself. There is no pathophysiology for it. OR you can say that this is a symptom, and can be because of various reasons. Skin cancer - pathophysiology is many like exposure to UV rays, chronic photodermatitis, chronic irritation of skin by chemicals, irritants. Signs and symptoms - present as a swelling or growth on skin, usually non-painful, increases in size or remains stationary.. Complications - spread to other areas. treatment - excision and Radiotherapy for some skin cancers. Bone marrow disorder - there are many of them. Which bone marrow disorder is your patient with? Arthritis - can be age related. It is inflammation of the joints, presents as pain and swelling in joints, complications - fracture, treatment - calcium and vitamin D supplementation, surgical replacement of joint. GERD - disease of the stomach where the acid reflux happens to lower eosophagus. causes heart burn, bloating, indigestion. Complications - ulcers, perforation. treatment - proton pump inhibitors. Hope this helps.

Follow-up: What are the symptoms,complications and treatment for GERD,Hypothyroidism, Arthritis,Skin CA and Bone Marrow disorder? 10 minutes later
It just says that he has bone marrow disorder

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: it can be hypoplasia/aplasia/hyperplasia Detailed Answer: Hello, The bone marrow disorder can be hypoplasia- less number of cells in the marrow, aplasia - no cells at all in the marrow, hyperplasia - more cells in the marrow. Accordingly, it can present with low blood counts, absent blood cells or increased blood cells or leukemia in the blood test. Other special bone marrow disorders like Multiple myeloma exists as well. Regards,

Follow-up: What are the symptoms,complications and treatment for GERD,Hypothyroidism, Arthritis,Skin CA and Bone Marrow disorder? 26 minutes later
Thank you so much.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are welcome Detailed Answer: Take care!

Follow-up: What are the symptoms,complications and treatment for GERD,Hypothyroidism, Arthritis,Skin CA and Bone Marrow disorder? 8 minutes later
By the way, what is the complications and treatment for Bone marrow disorder

Brief Answer: immunosuppression and bone marrow transplant Detailed Answer: Hello, Complication - Immunosuppression, infections. Treatment - Bone marrow transplant.

Follow-up: What are the symptoms,complications and treatment for GERD,Hypothyroidism, Arthritis,Skin CA and Bone Marrow disorder? 7 minutes later
signs and symptoms of bone marrow disorder

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Symptoms - fatigue, bleeding tendencies, bone pain, anemia, infections. Signs - pallor, low counts of RBCs, WBCs, and platelets on Complete blood count, increased susceptibility to infections, increased heart rate. Regards,