What are the symptoms of vulval cancer?

Approximately ten years ago I was treated for cancer of the vulva called dysplasia at Duke University Hospital. Could you give me a list of symptoms or do I need to contact my former surgeon? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Any wart like lesion or redness on the skin. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. You need to watch out for any wart like lesion on your vulva, any outgrowth, a depigmented or a red lesion that is persistent and is not responding to topical treatments, etc. Any change in the texture of the skin should be investigated in your case. You can also contact your surgeon for a list of these symptoms. Getting an yearly follow up examination at your gynecologist is also recommended. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.