What are the symptoms of temporal arteritis?

I think i have temporal arteritis i am so scared i have being researing thisevening
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: incomplete details. Detailed Answer: Hi! Thanks for query. You have provided very limited information about your illness. Please provide detail history about your present and past illness so that I can give better information. Temporal arteritis is less common below the age of 50 yrs.These patients present with sudden onset headache with elevated ESR and palpable temporal artery. I am waiting for reply. Thank you.
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of temporal arteritis? 22 minutes later
I have being very depressed or 3 weeks for no god reason.last 5 days i am suffering with headache and saw head on my left side f m head. Saw to touch saw o carry out my head is like lightning shots n my eft side fof the head
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be a possibility Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for reply. Temporal arteritis is rare entity than other common headache types like tension headache,cluster headache or migraine. Temporal arteritis patients present with sudden onset headache with elevated ESR,CRP and palpable temporal artery.They may have jaw claudication, occular pain or diminished vision. If you are still in doubt for temporal arteritis, you can get ESR,CRP tests done. If values for these tests are elevated then possibility of temporal arteritis is high. You can reply with test results.Hope this answers your query. Wish you good health.