What are the symptoms of menopause?

hi i am 52 yo female,in menapause possible 1/2 yrs XXXXXXX coil removed three months ago,many symptoms starting with leg pain at night about four yrs ago migraine started around same time ,since then leg pain has moved to both legs hips knee/elbows.stiffness in morning or after sitting for period of time extreme tiredness cold white fingers feet .now itchy rash on buttock and anal area ,blood tests back normal ,was taking lyrica with no relief from pain,my memory not good now taking lexapro...many thanks in advance . XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I am suspecting menopausal complications Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX and welcome. Thanks for writing to us. Your symptoms are indeed all related to menopause, but they are not the more common ones. A less common (less than 1 percent) of individuals with menopause suffer from coagulopathy which is a circulatory abnormality and has resulted in symptoms like the leg pain, cold white fingers, poor memory, etc. I would recommend a blood coagulation profile to confirm or rule this out. The next possible condition that could be causing these symptoms and that is present in almost 90 % of menopausal women is a bone abnormality (eg. osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc). Adding to the above stated point, your pre-existing medical condition: psoriasis can progress (with age or especially in women with menopause) to a more advanced variant called psoriatic arthritis, which could also very well be the cause for your symptoms. I would recommend you to visit your physician to look into these possible conditions, as I am assuming at least one of these conditions could be causing the presentation that you are suffering from. I would also like to ask you which investigations were conducted and if you could share those with me, I would really appreciate it. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.