What are the symptoms of maladaptive daydreaming?

Hi there, I want to know what is maladaptive daydreaming and what are is symtoms and cure.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Hebbar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: needs closer evaluation for the treatment Detailed Answer: hi A rare kind of compulsive daydreaming has been reported recently. Associated symptoms are described in the internet. Treatment involves the management of underlying causes like obsessive compulsive disorder or past failures or trauma. This problem needs closer evaluation for planning of treatment. This is not a dangerous condition but can cause concentration problems. bye Dr Sudhir Hebbar
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of maladaptive daydreaming? 43 hours later
Hi Dr. Hebbar, I am preoccupied for hours in my dream world. I understand that it is not real but feel happy when I imagine and dream about it. The only issue is that I am losing interest in my work and daily activities. What other details would you need to suggest a treatent plan. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Hebbar 45 hours later
Brief Answer: please visit a therapist Detailed Answer: hi Psychological techniques are available and possible to reduce your day dreams. There no one standard technique for you problem. Content of the daydreaming and your personlaity needs to be evaluated before any conclusions. your devalopemental background is needed. Then only an understanding can be reached and with that backgroud treatment starts. Whatever it is therapy can not be done by this kind of discussions. It is better to meet a qualified therapist who can do cognitive or cognitive behavior therapy bye Dr Hebbar