What are the symptoms of frontal lobe dementia and should I consult a neurologist?

What are the symptoms for frontal lobe dementia? Have been evaluated by a psychiatrist. Should I now see a neurologist? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that dementia comes under the domain of neurologist only and thus you should see one early . There are certainn assessment scales like MMSE used for evaluation of cognition that needs to be done . When the frontal lobe is involved Behavioral abnormalities are commonest which can be mistaken for depression , in later stages patient can develop disinhibition also . Patient may not follow social norms .A wide variety of such behaviour is seen depending on parts involved . language skills and memory are affected at later stages . Semantic dementia may be seen . A MRI Brain should also be done if your treating doctor feels so. You should see a doctor early for this . Take care. Dr. Shruti