What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy?

Mar 2013
I have 4 positive pregnancy tests which were taken Thursday, Friday, Saturday and this morning. Around lunch time I began bleeding slightly.. It's a light brownish colour. It appears to only really be present when I wipe. I had an ectopic pregnancy on my right side which needed operating on in July 2013 I was 5 weeks pregnant. My digital pregnancy test this morning indicated that I am currently 4 weeks 1 day pregnant. However, my period is only just due today. Confused as to if it's another ectopic (I have no cramping or pain) or a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. In the absence of cramping and pain, the likelihood of an ectopic pregnancy is less, however, having had one ectopic pregnancy earlier, the chances of a second one are higher than normal. Could you tell me the date of your last menstrual period, and the normal pattern of your menstrual cycles please ? Also, do not rely on the digital pregnancy test to date your pregnancy - it is not reliable that way. The ONLY way to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy ( and differentiate it from a normal ongoing intrauterine pregnancy, a miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy ) is to have a conjunction of two things done - blood B HCG testing and pelvic ultrasound scanning ( transvaginally ). More than once this might need to be done, over a gap of a few days. Please get it done tomorrow, or the earliest you could ( unless you start bleeding heavily or have pain , cramping or fainting , in which case it is an emergency ). Take rest, avoid stress and intercourse, and wish for the best. Take care. Please feel free to revert.
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy? 13 hours later
Thank you for your reply. My bleeding appears to have stopped. So hopefully that's a good sign. I have been to the doctor and had my first blood test and am scheduled to have another to monitor hcg levels.. I also have an internal scan booked for 2:30pm today to rule out (or confirm) and ectopic.. Fingers crossed things are okay.. Thank you again
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes will be praying for you. Do get back with the HCG levels and the scan. Take care.