What are the symptoms of cancer in testicles ?

I asked in general here and I got an answer but I also would like to have the opinion of an urologist.

One month ago or little longer I got sudden pain in right scrotum. The pain got worse and then left or got much less after 3-4 days.

After 2-4 weeks of this pain, I noticed a a swollen scrotum. There was fluid inside. the right scrotum was also sensative and discomforted and the pain raised when I touched the area to palpulate the testis. I made an appointment with my GP and went for a consult. She felt in there and told me that it is epididymitis and gave me antibiotis (Amoxcicilline clavulane for 500/125) for 8 days three times a day.

The pain now is less and almost gone but the area is still little sensative. I also have still some fluid inside there (like a third ball) and sometimes little strange feeling in right groin area..

I also went to another GP at emergency and told me the same and told me to not worry. But there was in both cases no ultrasound made.

After I finished my course of antibiotics, the GP told me that it looks better and the swelling got less.

No if I try to feel both testicles, I feel that the right testicle is little (slightly) bigger and sometimes it feels the same as the left one and sometimes I just think it is deferent in touch (little more firm). But no lumbs in there or hard mass.. Also the form is alright. and I dont know if I feel that because I want to feel that or not....

The strange thing is, I did not feel difficulties by losing urine, also no pain in stomache, I had diarrhea that time and cramps.
Also there is no way of any STD. After my last test for STDS which came negative, I have no risks except some massage experianse (Which should be no risk).
But I am soooooo afraid of testicular cancer. After 2 days I am going to the urologist here for a consult. But is my concer and anixiety on the right place?

Also I lost 1,5 kilo in a week.. Had 2 nights with mild night sweats.

What do you think it might be?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of cancer in testicles ? 23 minutes later

It is mentioned Specialty : Abdominal Pain but this is wrong. I have done a mistake I think.

The problem is how I described above. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Let me be thankful for making my job pretty easy. You obviously had epididymitis and the swelling and unusual firmness shall stay with you for period of 6-12 weeks; need not worry about it. The fluid inside is reactionary; it may get absorbed over period of time or stay back as hydrocele.

You should get yourself investigated to find out the possible cause of epididymitis. You should get urine examination and ultrasound KUB region to rule out any pathology and possible cause of epididymitis.
Be assured, you don't have testicular cancer.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of cancer in testicles ? 55 minutes later

I thank you greatly doctor.

What could pathology reasons be?
In fact in the period that happened I was working in my garden ( kind of hard heavy job sometimes)

I also heard that it can be happened due the hot weather and drinking very less liquides? Can that be a reason in you opinion?

I think the reason if it is not cancer it will be not findable as I had had a course of antibiotics which makes bacteria not visible.

Is there sometimes just no reason for epididymitis?

Thanks in advance doctor
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of cancer in testicles ? 12 minutes later

By the way, the firmness is on the testicle as well doctor, not only the epididymis. And now it is not that sensitive any more but sometimes it feels just firmer.

But the crazy thing is that sometimes both testicles feel the same and sometimes the infected one feels very little bit harder (firmer).

On Internet you only find that firmer or harder testicle is a sign of cancer.
And the fluid that's why I am so afraid...

One more question, dus the testicle cancer starts from inside testicle or from outside on the surface of the testicle?
Or it starts on the testis on the surface and then the testis make a layer and cover the cancer mass? And this is why the testicle feels much bigger and hard?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later

Thanks again for your query.

I shall address them.

There are plenty of reasons for Epididymitis to happen and yes, drinking less water can be one of them.

However, you should still get investigated and rule out any urinary stone disease.

Involvement of testis is known fact with epididymitis and the condition is Epididymo-orchitis and hence this hardness of the testis.

Firmness of testis is seen with cancer but it is also seen with orchitis. Since you have history of orchitis, the firmness is because of this orchitis.

Fluid as i have already told is reactionary and nothing much can be done about it. It gets absorbed by itself in majority of the patients.

Testicular cancer starts on the inside but you should stop worrying about it as there is no chance of you having cancer testis.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your further queries if any.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of cancer in testicles ? 36 hours later
Thanks for your support doctor.

I am just right now back from the urologist. It was again a she:)

She made a physical examination and then an echographie or ultrasound? The testis was alright, ALSo the epididymitis looked good, except the spermatocele. I had one big spermatocele + 2 small once.

She couldn't tell me the reason ALSo couldn't know the reason of pain but everything was alright she said...

She also made a quick urine test and all was fine... No prostate examination was done.

Any way, I can rest now doctor? Or you think I have to make a second opinion at another urologist?
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of cancer in testicles ? 10 minutes later

But the way, she only made the ultrasound for the testicles and scrotum. Not else. And told me if I need or inhale problems I can contact her
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thanks again,

Spermatocele can also present the same way. And yes, it can cause pain also. Usually no cause can be identified for spermatocele.

You don't need any further test or opinion from any other urologist.

Wish you good health.