What are the symptoms of bowel obstruction?

I am a 60 year old woman. I've been to the local doctor twice in the last couple of days.My stomach is RAW.I have been in horrible stomach cramping pain. I absolutely have not been able to keep anything down since noon when this started on this past Wednesday. It is now Saturday. I was put on IV's to get rehydrated and given anti nausea medication and antibiotics. I have had blood tests that all came back good. An ultra-sound to rule out gall bladder or gall stones. (He did say a little sludge, however not enough to cause this problem), and had a chest x-rays and it showed a hiatial hernia, (which I've had ongoing attacks over the last few years). My urine showed a UTI going on. They did ask me if I felt constipated since there was a large amount of stools. (I think the x-ray indicated that) which I haven't felt constipated. Last night after I got home, I threw up again and this time I got what looked like almost diluted muddy water with what sorta looked like hairs in it. My question is could I have a bowel obstruction that is somehow seeping back in to my stomach? I am feeling a little better this morning.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that since you have undergone USG abdomen , it would have picked up any kind of obstruction if at all it would have been there . An X ray abdomen is advisable although still , in which dilated bowel loops can be visualised if there . But since you have no constipation possibilty of intestinal obstruction is very less . In my opinion your UTI can be a culprit behind this also , when the infection is more some patients do have nausea and vomiting . In the present scenario with the available investigations it does not look like bowel obstruction anyhow . Take care. DR. Shruti