What are the symptoms of Buerger's disease?
User rating for this question
How long does it take on average for Buerger's disease to manifest itself to the point that it becomes diagnosable? weeks, months, years?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Generally months through years. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, This is a common disease, but the diagnosis is most of time found late, because the signs and symptoms are very subtle and there are generally no very classical signs and symptoms. Due to the very subtle symptoms of the disease, the diversity and ,main risk factors (smoking for instance), the disease progresses slowly, at different speeds in different people, depending on various exposures. The exact duration taken to become manifest is difficult to tell, due to these various factors. It is important to note that disease progression depends on sex (especially women), family history, risk factors (smoking etc). The diversity of symptoms, and slow evolution makes diagnosis to be missed most of the time. This is a slowly progressing disease, and based on risk factors, to become manifest or with complications, would take generally months or years. Thanks and kind regards. Please free asking follow up questions in case you got any specific concerns. Would be glad making my humble contribution. Kind regards. DR Bain
People also viewed
- What are the symptoms of buerger's disease?
- Non stop bleeding after period
- Strongest decongestant over the counter
- When bleeding starts after taking mifeprin tablet
- What are the symptoms of hirschsprung's disease?
- Venlafaxine xr 225 mg capsule
- Bleeding after metronidazole pessary
- Symptoms of buerger's disease
- Bleeding months after removal of ovaries
- What are the symptoms of parkinson disease symptom
- Drinking alcohol while taking levaquin
- Bleeding when passing stool after myomectomy
- Drinking alcohol while taking plavix
- What is sinus disease symptoms
- Methylphenidate er side effects sexual