What are the symptoms of Buerger's disease?
User rating for this question
How long does it take on average for Buerger's disease to manifest itself to the point that it becomes diagnosable? weeks, months, years?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Generally months through years. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, This is a common disease, but the diagnosis is most of time found late, because the signs and symptoms are very subtle and there are generally no very classical signs and symptoms. Due to the very subtle symptoms of the disease, the diversity and ,main risk factors (smoking for instance), the disease progresses slowly, at different speeds in different people, depending on various exposures. The exact duration taken to become manifest is difficult to tell, due to these various factors. It is important to note that disease progression depends on sex (especially women), family history, risk factors (smoking etc). The diversity of symptoms, and slow evolution makes diagnosis to be missed most of the time. This is a slowly progressing disease, and based on risk factors, to become manifest or with complications, would take generally months or years. Thanks and kind regards. Please free asking follow up questions in case you got any specific concerns. Would be glad making my humble contribution. Kind regards. DR Bain
People also viewed
- What are the symptoms of buerger's disease?
- Which health drink is good for kids
- Child having cough and cold prescribed nebulization suggestion
- Risk of hiv transmission through hand job
- What are the symptoms of hirschsprung's disease?
- Flucloxacillin sodium ca 500mg
- Reaction to flucloxacillin sodium ca 500mg
- Us showed diffuse coarse echotexture meaning
- Symptoms of buerger's disease
- Up energizing aromatherapy powder 500mg cheap
- Cefuroxime 500mg for lumps in my underarm
- What are the symptoms of parkinson disease symptom
- Can penicillin vk 500mg treat chlamydia
- What is sinus disease symptoms
- Noticed bleeding after periods taking fertilaid and vitamin e cause