What are the success rates for Septal myectomy?
User rating for this question
what are the success rates for septal myectomy in India. Which Hospital has the highest success rates.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: achieved in 90% to 95% of patients Detailed Answer: Overall, reports suggest that technical success, variably defined, is achieved in 90% to 95% of patients who undergo surgical myectomy The surgical therapy is to be considered only for symptomatic therapy. If your symptoms are controlled with medicines than there is no role of surgery. Complications in experienced center are very low. Risk of mortality or death is <1%, other complications are 2-5%. Only significant risk is risk of complete heart block that requirs pacemaker and can occur in 10-20% patients depending on type of surgery and patient profile. Unfortunately unlike west we dont have XXXXXXX centers, which do dedicated XXXXXXX work or publication. As it is rare desease and rare surgery every department of Cardiac surgery has some experience and able to carry out surgery, but of not aware of any center that gives significant data/stastics to make recommended. Personally I did have patients undergoing surgery with good results at Fortis Hospital Bangalore and XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya Bangalore.
People also viewed
- Betnovate c on pimple spots
- Planning for tubal reversal surgery what is the success rate
- Link between garlic and menieres disease
- What are the success rates for septal myectomy
- Dizziness and slight pressure between eyes
- Dull pain between my eyes
- What are the success rates in ivf
- Is smoking bad while taking hgh
- What is the success rate of icsi
- Are heart palpitations always a bad sign
- Duphaston and clomid success rate
- Difference between microgynon and logynon
- Are sleeping pills bad for the heart
- Bad heart palpitation from starbucks
- Bad posture heart sore