Ask a Dentist   »  

What are the side effects of teeth whitening on gums?

Hi, I need to go for dental cleaning tomorrow. Should i go for teeth whitening as well. Does teeth whitening help. My teeth is not that yellow. I am using Crest 3D white toothpaste to keep my teeth white. If i go for whitening, does it have any side effects or harmful for gums or enamel
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you can go for teeth whitening Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX thank you for asking your query with health care magic. This is Dr. Dipti Singh here to answer your query. Actually teeth whitening is done for aesthetic purpose, means to improve your smile and make your teeth as well as you look good. Cleansing of teeth does not make the teeth white, it just removes the stains and calculus that are deposited on teeth. If you feel that only cleansing will make them white, then it is not like that for whitening you have to for the procedure.The toothpaste will also give a temporary result only. So if you want them to make more white then you can go for it, there are special precautions taken by the dentist at the time of bleaching (whitening procedure) for safety of gums and teeth, So it is a harmless procedure. Hope it will help you. Regards Dr. Dipti Singh