What are the side effects of stopping betnovet ?

dear sir i have been using betnovet n since last three year on my face in night but now when i have decided to stop it my skin is itching a lot.kindly suggest me what to do shall i continue using betnovet n
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 20 minutes later

Topical application of corticosteroids may suppress the body's production of cortisol. If suppression has occurred for a long time, discontinuing the potent corticosteroid can be associated with symptoms of cortisol deficiency. (It takes the adrenal glands some time before they can begin producing cortisol again.)

It is very important to know why were you using for so long time? For what skin problem you are using it?

You need physical examination to give appropriate medicine like anti histamines for itching of skin.

Doctors guidance is needed to stop betnovet ointment as it should be done gradually. You should XXXXXXX a Dermatologist as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Wish you Good Health.