What are the side effects of serflo inhaler for wheezing problem?

Hi, I have been suffering from wheezings since childhood. Currently, I am using serflo 250. I use 2 puffs per day before sleep. Is there any side effects of this inhaler if used daily for many years? Regards, XXXX
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Inhalers have no major side effects. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You seem to be suffering from Bronchial Asthma since childhood and currently seem to be maintained well on Seroflo 250 inhaler. 2. Inhalers do not have any major side effects if taken correctly. 3. The following precautions to taken: a. always rinse mouth with water after using inhaler. b. Inhalers are best taken with spacer devices to increase the drug deposition in the lungs. 4. Be under regular follow up with a Pulmonologist. 5. Also, yearly flu vaccination will help you. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist