What are the side effects of secnil forte taken for loose motions and vomiting?
User rating for this question
What are the side effects of secnil forte Is It is prescribed for both loose motions n vomiting
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Side effects are nausea,metallic taste etc. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us Salt of secnil forte is secnidazole. It belongs to nitroimidazole group of drugs and and it is an antiprotozoal drug mainly used to treat Amoebiasis,Trichomoniasis & Giardiasis. Main side effects are nausea,pain abdomen,metallic taste. It will control loose motion whereas patient need another drug for vomiting like tablet domperidone 10 mg or ondansetron 4 mg twice daily. Patient should also take ORS solution for loose motion. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Is indigestion a side effect of nicoderm cq?
- Lump in groin area woman
- Is not breathing a side effect of lorazepam?
- What is secnil forte tablet used for
- What for secnil forte
- Secnil forte side effects
- What are the side effects of secnil forte
- Sharp pain in groin lymph nodes
- Is trouble sleeping a side effect of medrol?
- Lump in groin whilst pregnant
- Is chills a side effect of microgestin 1/20?
- Side effects of tablets secnil forte
- Is agitation a side effect of metronidazole?
- Menstrual pain lump in groin
- Groin lump had white pus