What are the side effects of pylera?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: side effects detailed below Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Pylera is a combination of Bismuth, metronidazole and tetracycline which is used for the treatment of H pylori infection. There is some serious side effects for this drugs like allergic reactions, hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling of the lip face, lip, tongue and throat. Some specific side effects like diarrhea, convulsion, tingling, numbness and burning pain of the hand and foot, easy bruising and bleeding, itching, dark coloured urine, clay coloured stool and jaundice. In all the above symptoms the drug has to be stopped at once and the side effect should be reported to the treating doctor. If you're on any medication for anxiety and panic attacks then discuss with your doctor for drug interaction with pylera. Pylera contains metronidazole which reacts with alcohol and may produce some reaction. So limit the use of alcohol while on pylera. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarifications. Regards.
Follow-up: What are the side effects of pylera? 2 hours later
So I have a metal taste in my mouth and also a dry mouth and pain in my left hand where my joint is and around my elbow so do I stop taking pylera
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Metronidazole Detailed Answer: Hello, The metalic taste is due to metronidazole. It will go off in a weeks after stopping metronidazole. All other symptoms are non specific and may not be related to Pylera. So my advise is not to stop pylera and continue the full course of treatment prescribed by the doctor. It is usually prescribed for two weeks. Regards.
People also viewed
- Does eltroxin affect yasminelle
- How long should you wait to take tylenol after drinking alcohol
- Is hoarseness a side effect of pylera?
- Underactive thyroid melasma
- Methamphetamine pass through semen
- Does fluconazole affect microgynon
- Alcahol after propofol
- Sore tonsils from snoring meth
- Is indigestion a side effect of pylera?
- Purpura and methamphetamine
- What are the side effects of pylera?
- Mercury toxicity and otosclerosis
- Is heartburn a side effect of pylera?
- Is shivering a side effect of pylera?
- Does mebendazole affect microgynon